Calorie Burning Questions & Answers
Wow, so many questions coming in on the topic of burning calories that I want to go over HOW you can actually burn 1000 calories PLUS the truth about beginner workouts you can do too to burn 300 calories. Q: How "easy" is it to burn 1000 calories (or more)? Answer: According to Men's Health magazine (October & November issues): - 67 minutes of jump rope burns 920 calories - 1.5 hours of chopping wood burns 1000 calories - 2 hours of backpacking burns 1000 calories - 70 minutes (sorry, 70 excruciatingly BORING minutes) on the elliptical machine burns 1000 calories - 2 hours of hard land...
Wow, so many questions coming in on the topic of burning calories that I want to go over HOW you can actually burn 1000 calories PLUS the truth about beginner workouts you can do too to burn 300 calories.
Q: How "easy" is it to burn 1000 calories (or more)?
According to Men's Health magazine (October & November issues):
- 67 minutes of jump rope burns 920 calories
- 1.5 hours of chopping wood burns 1000 calories
- 2 hours of backpacking burns 1000 calories
- 70 minutes (sorry, 70 excruciatingly BORING minutes) on the elliptical machine burns 1000 calories
- 2 hours of hard landscaping burns 1000 calories
- You're not burning 1000 calories with Zumba. Sorry. LOL.
- Taking green tea & caffeine supplements "might" burn 80 calories per day, but I haven't read any impressive studies that these diet supplements actually help fat loss
- And by the way, running a marathon (26.2 miles) burns about 2600 to 2800 calories. You burn about 100 calories per mile on average. (This is a DEPRESSING stat in my opinion.)
Just shows you how long you have to exercise with traditional methods to burn 1000 calories.
But do you like the idea of musclemorphosis.com? Does the idea of burning 1000 calories per workout sound good to you?
Q: So what's the deal with the 1000 workouts? Are they legit?
These are great workouts (designed not only only by Joel and Arnel, but by super-trainer John Romaniello as well - and you know that John is one of the few trainers that I will go to for advice).
The true beauty of the program is that everything is done for you, except for the actually training! You get the exercises, the sets, reps, circuits, progressions, and more.
In fact, musclemorphosis.com on Tuesday morning. Even though I was given the basic workout plan to review last month, I still wanted all the bonuses that went with it.
The TRUTH about the 1000 Calorie Challenge Program is this:
It is one of the few workout ideas I wish I would have thought of myself.
In fact, I'm kicking myself (hard!) that I didn't think of the calorie-counting workouts and video idea on my own (if you get the upgrade version, you get follow-along videos that count the number
of calories burned as you do the workouts - very cool!).
Q: Why are you so mad at yourself? You should relax and pet your dog.
You see, I wasn't smart enough to do what Joel and Arnel did...and that's why you'll love the musclemorphosis.com.
I'll look into doing this for future TT workouts.
Q: Why is the calorie counting aspect such a good idea?
Because anything we as trainers can do to "hook" people on workouts is a key to YOUR success...that's why I create "1000 rep challenge" workouts...and the calorie counting aspect of Joel and Arnel's program will achieve the same "hook" and boost to your motivation.
I call this phenomenon "workout golf", because it gets folks addicted to training...it reduces dropout, increases motivation, and helps more folks get results.
The more we can get you training consistently with fun, fast workouts, the MORE results you will get. And that is our #1 goal - to get YOU results.
Getting the 1000 Calorie Challenge is the "perfect storm" idea...it solves a major problem of burning belly fat, it has a unique hook to the workout to keep you interested, and it is a proven way of increasing compliance by getting you hooked on burning more calories.
(Wow, just writing all that down makes me want to bang my head against the wall because it was such an obviously awesome idea.)
So that's my take on the 1000 Calorie Challenge and why I recommend it to you.
But no matter what your level, you're not going to start at the 1000 calorie workouts...nor will you start at the 1000 rep level in my bonus workouts.
That's why Joel and Arnel have 300 and 600 calorie-burning workout progressions in their program.
And that's why my 1000 rep challenges come with 333 rep levels, and a 660 rep level. To help you work up to the maximum you can do, and the best results you can get. And you should be able to reach those levels in under 4 weeks.
Sound fair enough?
Q: OK, cool, but what's in the TT Abs 1000 bonus program you created?
- You'll do woodchoppers, stability ball exercises, and the #1 dumbbell exercise for your abs (you'll be surprised at the choice)
- A progression to build up from the Abs 333 to the Abs 1000 in only 3 short weeks
Q: And what's in the TT Bodyweight Cardio 1000?
- You'll get a high-volume, circuit style workout with the Ultimate Bodyweight Cardio Challenge to do for Workout C
- For workout B, you'll get a brand-new version of the infamous "5-rounds-of-5-exercises" bodyweight cardio program
- And Workout C features an 11 exercise circuit that you'll do 5 times to jack up your heart rate in the Bodyweight Cardio 1000
All of these are fun, fast workouts that you'll love.
And it's not just the workouts you are getting, but a long-term solution you'll have for increasing the intensity and calorie burning of your workouts for the rest of your life.
You should never get stuck by another fat loss plateau again, armed with the 1000 Calorie Burning intensity techniques.
Believe me, if you do even half as well as the folks who have used the program and been featured on their website, you'll be very, very impressed.
Muscle Morphosis, MS
Creator, TT 1000 Rep Workouts